EBSQ is accepting entries for Waxing Lyrical through 29 February 2016. The full prospectus can be found here. The Member’s Choice winner will receive $100 cash! So what are you waiting for? Find a song whose lyrics inspire you and get creating!
This year, EBSQ is continuing its commitment to supporting its member artists by hosting monthly exhibits with a $100 cash prize for the winning entry voted upon by you.
Take a look at this year’s schedule. Maybe a theme or two will catch your eye. Try something new. Revisit something old. Be brave and enter an exhibit. I can guarantee you’ll be in good company. And perhaps you’ll be the one who takes home the next prize.
We often recognize the art, but do we recognize the artist? This month’s challenge is to celebrate the artist via portraiture. Artists may be visual, literary, or musical. Please make sure to let us know the subject of your art and a bit about the artist in question. Oh–and since we’re all artists here, self-portraits are welcome as well!
Last month’s exhibit was restricted to photography only. This month we’ve opened the door! You can paint/draw/ photograph your entries but they must be naturally blue flowers, like forget-me-nots. Other examples include hydrangeas, salvias, and Himalayan poppies.
April 24 – May 31
Red Brick Gallery
17 Main St.
Friday 2:00 – 6:00
Saturday 11:00 – 7:00
Sunday 12:00 – 4:00
April showers make for some magical outdoor photography. Mundane objects take on a jewel-like quality when wet. This month, we challenge you to get outdoors and show us a bit of that discovered magic. This exhibit is not restricted to only roses. Show us your raindrops on anything!
Calling all EBSQ Artists! It’s time to make a choice. Chicken or Goat?
When we put out a call for show suggestions in 2014, we saw requests for both chickens and goats. Which will YOU use as your muse for this multi-media exhibit?
Deadline to enter is March 31st!
Voting is now open in the February Exhibit What a Doll. EBSQ Artist Members, login to your account, click on your favorite entry and click on the Vote button!
Patrons and non-members click on those Facebook Like buttons to show your support. The entry with the most Like’s wins the Cloud Award. Voting ends March 8th.
Calling all EBSQ Artists, now is the time to enter the February Exhibit – What a Doll. The exhibit is open to both 2D and 3D artists. That’s right! You could hand make your own doll or depict a doll in a painting. Deadline to enter is February 28th!
Calling all EBSQ Artists! The official exhibition calendar is here. Get out your easels, cameras, clay–whatever your creative tools may be–and start planning the year ahead. EBSQ exhibits are open to paid artist members of the EBSQ Self-Representing Artist Community. Not yet a member? Join today!
As a member of EBSQ you decide who wins each month. The Member’s Choice winner receives a $100 cash prize! Let us know in the comments which exhibits you plan to enter this year.
The Winter Landscape <– Entries being accepted now!
What a Doll <– Create your own doll. You can paint your design, knit your design, sculpt your design, etc.
Chicken or Goat? <– Which will you immortalize?
Photography: Raindrops on Roses (and Other Things) <– April showers make for magical images.
Naturally Blue Flowers <– No imitators!
Portrait of the Artist: Famous Authors, Artists, & Composers <– I have a feeling this one will be popular.
15th Annual Ripped Off Collaborative Event <– If you’ve never participated in this annual event, you’re missing out!
State/National Flowers <– What is your State Flower?
Zodiac <– Do you know all the signs of the zodiac?
Day of the Dead <– The festivals, the make-up, remembering passed loved ones…
Inspired by Tolkien <– We don’t want to see paintings of movie stars! This is exhibit is your take on the people, places and creatures of Tolkien’s world.
Annual Better Late Than Never Show <– If you didn’t finish a piece in time to enter one of this year’s exhibits, this is your chance!
Calling all EBSQ Artists, now is the time to enter the January 2015 Exhibit – The Winter Landscape. This month, we want you to focus on the winter landscape, a time when nature is stripped back and snow makes everything new and pristine. Artists may enter up to 5 pieces.
1. Art Seen: Lunga pausa di silenzio (Long Silence) is a beautiful, dream-like watercolor by Alessandro Andreuccetti. The contrasting colors pulled me in!
2. Artist Guide: PACT published an excellent article this week by Armand Carbrera on copyright – Protecting Copyright.
3. How To: “How to Video Your Art” Part 1: Camera Guide – I know some of you have been wondering!
4. In the News: The Case Against Art Show Entry Fees – Let me know what you think in the comments below!
1. Art Seen: Halloween is steadily approaching. It wouldn’t be right if I didn’t share a Halloween Skull by EBSQ’s own CES.
2. Artist Guide: 10 Website Mistakes that Kill Your Art Sales
3. Learning Resources: Tip #84 from Cathy Johnson – Sketching on the Spot in Cold Weather.
4. Exhibits: It won’t be long till the calendar turns over and we are November. Now is the time to start plannings for the November Exhibits at EBSQ. Coming up we have Airships (Zeppelins to Steampunk) and Naked Trees.
5. In the News: Are Over Half the Works on the Art Market Really Fakes?
1. Art Seen: A Colorful Burst by Delilah Smith captures the magic of autumn unfolding in the northern hemisphere.
2. Learning Resources: Tip #29 from Cathy Johnson – Utilizing Negative Shapes. “Don’t draw your subject, but where your subject is NOT.”
4. Artist Guide: When and How to Negotiate During a Sale: A Guide for Artists
5. In the News: Tax Court Ruling is Seen as a Victory for Artists