1. Catch a Falling Star artist Sherry Key has a message for you all today: “Here’s wishing you all a lot of love and happiness today…Happy Valentine’s.”
2. We are mid-month now. Have you entered one or both of our EBSQ Exhibits? Mona Lisa Unleashed and Flower of the Month: Houseplants are taking entries till February 28th.
3. Do you believe in Artist’s Block? I tend not to, and instead believe blocks are just small obstacles in our creative process we must overcome. I shared how I deal with those obstacles in a blog post at Tessera – Understanding the Beast.
4. I know many of you are sick of the snow in the US, but don’t forget to take advantage of the opportunity for reference shots! Donato Giancolo shared some wonderful reference photos I took for upcoming paintings over at Muddy Colors.
5. In the News: Art to Die For: Artist Paints Portraits with Human Remains – I love this quote from the artist: “Having ashes in an urn on a mantle somewhere is a good way to constantly remind yourself that person died, but when you use them in an artwork it’s a good way to remember someone lived.”
One thought on “EBSQ Friday Five”
Love it, Sherry.
Comments are closed.